Situated among the picturesque sloping hills of the Eastern Free State on the R26 between Ficksburg and Clocolan, you will discover the treasure trove of Constantia Farmstall.
Originally intended as a retail point for fresh cherries grown and harvested on the farm Constantia, the farmstall has grown since 2006 into a fully fledged shopper’s haven; stocking all of Constantia’s exclusive cherry products, gifts, clothing, decor and more.. It is a hub for locals and travelers alike - a must see on the Maluti Drakensberg Tourism Route.
Constantia is best known for their fresh cherries and cherry products, including cherry liqueur, cherry ice cream topping, 100% cherry juice and many more...
Constantia Farmstall’s restaurant has both roofed and outdoor seating areas with a secure fenced playground where you can keep an eye on the kids while trying out our mouthwatering menu featuring our famous cherryfarm breakfast, cherry smoothies, legendary milk tart and filled pancakes topped with our secret cherry sauce!
Constantia Farmstall offers a unique shopping experience. Our products include furniture, sandstone products, toys and kiddies gifts, art and more.
Make sure to include a stop at Constantia Farmstall when planning your next journey through the Eastern Free State.
Fresh cherries (seasonal) and a range of cherry products from Constantia Farm.
See our PRODUCTS page for full details on all cherry products
The Constantia Farmstall Restaurant with a wide selection of speciality cherry dishes to cater for every taste.
Try our cherry-licious cherryfarm breakfast, cherry smoothie, milk tart, or filled pancakes topped with our secret cherry sauce.
Constantia Sunday Buffet
Try our delicious Sunday buffets - booking essential. Reserve your table HERE
Cherry Liqueur and Cherry Product tasting
Join us for a cheese, bread and biscuit platter with cherry products and cherry liqueur - experience the taste of cherry heartland or take a tour to our orchards, packing shed and learn about the whole process of cherry cultivation to product development.
Art, decor, gifts, sandstone products, furniture, clothing and more.
Mondays to Sundays
(INCLUDING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
Discover all the products we stock on our products page.
Secure & shaded off-road parking | Clean ablution facilities | Secure fenced kiddies playground | Tour groups welcomed | Breathtaking views
Constantia Farm and Farmstall is a family owned and operated business. The first cherry trees were planted on Constantia Farm in 1953. The current owner’s grandfather objected to the idea of establishing an orchard on the farm after his son (the current owner’s father) discovered a a single flourishing cherry tree on the farm. He quietly planted several trees at night as to not offend his father. These initial few trees has over the last two generations been nurtured and grown to vast orchards generating a large annual harvest of cherries.
Today Constantia Cherries is a well recognized brand on South Africa supermarket shelves. Constantia currently supply cherries to many South African chain stores and also export fresh cherries to a number of European Markets.
Constantia Farm has large packing facilities to handle the seasonal cherry rush. Book a tour to visit the orchards, packing shed and have a cherry taste session to discover more products produced by Constantia Farm & Farm Stall from this abundant annual harvest of this popular and versatile fruit. Constantia Farmstall stock all products produced on the farm.
SIX REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE EATING CHERRIES
1. Cherries have been used as a medical aid since the 1950′s to treat gout sufferers, since their ability to reduce uric acid in the blood improves symptoms significantly.
2. Cherries are extremely high in antioxidants called anthocyanins, commonly found in brightly-coloured fruits, which are so important as part of a healthy diet and play a variety of roles, from lowering the risk of heart disease and cancer, to promoting healthy skin and brain cells. There is even evidence to suggest that antioxidants may help prevent dementia and memory-loss.
3. Cherries have anti-inflammatory properties, which work by inhibiting enzymes in the body that cause muscle pain; studies indicate that they can act as a painkiller to almost the same level of effectiveness as ibuprofen. This property could be invaluable to athletes suffering from post-exercise muscle pain, and has been shown to help those suffering from gout and arthritis.
4. Struggling to get a good night’s sleep? Sour cherries can help! They contain the antioxidant melatonin, which occurs naturally in the body to promote and regulate our sleep-patterns.
5. Studies seem to show that sour cherries have the potential to limit the uptake of fat into the body, and control levels of cholesterol in the blood. However, watch out, as cherries are calorific! So this fat-limiting property is only effective if the rest of your diet is taken into consideration.
6. Cherries contain high levels of vitamins A, C and E, and well as trace elements iron, magnesium and potassium. And since they are a significant source of fibre, they are great for digestion.
Sign-up for our exclusive newsletter
Site design, content management & hosting by Sugarcubes Media 2013 All rights reserved Copyright © 2008 Constantia Cherry Farmstall
Constantia Farm’s Facebook page